Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mmm...apple donuts.

You know that autumn (ITS AUTUMN IN MY BLOG PEOPLE) is in the air when the apples start to turn red...or when County Line Orchard opens and begins baking apple donuts. That's right...'round here, apple and pumpkin donuts signify that autumn is near. Well, I guess the cold air says that too. But seriously, have you ever tried a pumpkin or apple donut? No, I'm not talking about the donuts from Dunkin' Donuts. These donuts are amazing. Probably completely unhealthy for you, but they're made from fruits so good for you...right? Either way, we look forward to these donuts every year. And painstakingly fork over 8 bucks for a dozen (6 apple, 6 pumpkin). Ouch, but well worth it.

Mmm..donuts, says Zander. ( I guess that actually kind of looks like "Eh??" but trust me, he enjoyed it.)


Besides donuts today, we also went to the U-Pick orchard as part of the trip..to the..orchard. Right, anyway. Teagan sang the whole way about how she was going to pick some apples (oddly and morbidly chiming in that Super Man is dead, too..which was creepy). We rode a tractor, which Teagan LOVED. I'm not too sure about Zander, he had a grin on his face that kind of said, "I have no idea what's going on but I'm not stuck at home so...yay!" Teagan was completely enthralled in the opportunity to pick apples. We had to tell her a couple times not to pick up apples off the ground. It was a great learning opportunity as we showed her and explained the colors of apples and how to get them off the tree (without pulling the entire branch down. Apple trees aren't very sturdy, apparently...) She was really interested in hearing about worms inside apples with holes. In the end, after all the learning, we got roughly 4 pounds of apples. Mommy and daddy got kisses ( >3< ), Teagan got to pick her first apple...and so did mommy! Zander was chill the whole time and didn't care. Haha.

Bob the Tractor Guy! He was such a gentleman. ;)

The day went rather well, despite Ryan having most of it off. I was glad we got to go, and would've bought out the entire barn if we had the money. We can't wait to go again next month for pumpkins (and more donuts and granny smith apples!!) Right now, I'm having a time keeping myself and the kids out of the donuts that we want to make last. Our boon of apples is going to be turned into caramel apples. Now THAT is bad for you, oh well. Teagan loves to help me cook and I'm sure they'll both love to help me eat them.

Cheers! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment