Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sad Ending

Recently, a young girl in our area was reported missing. Within just a few hours, an entire community of people collected together to help find her. People who didn't even know her got together to form search parties all over the area. Even I tried to help out as much as I could, making an attempt to join a search party but had to go back home. Her name is Amanda Bach. She was recently found dead, but most of the details are skewed as to what really happened and where she was really found. Its very said. She was a gorgeous young girl, just two years younger than I and already an amazing life planned out for herself. Two jobs, and college on the horizon for her. Its very sad. I hope they find the person that did it and bring them to justice. May her soul rest in peace and find happiness.

On another note, I walked in the Out of the Darkness walk today at Coffee Creek in Chesterton. Its a suicide awareness and prevention program that is trying to bring light to suicide. (Wow, murder and suicide in one post, huh?) I walked with my good friend Emily and took my son Zander along for the ride. It was a great day for a walk, and a great day to bring light to this cause. Emily and I (mostly Emily) raised $50 dollars and I bummed $4 off her for a hotdogs, drinks, and cookies. <3 She loves me far too much. While there I talked with another mama of a 17 day old (dear god, my uterus). Her family walked away from her because she was nursing (wow, what a GREAT time to be discriminated again) so I sat down next to her to keep her company. And here I thought I was the only mom in our area that nursed. Haha, kidding, of course. But I talked with her a bit, helped her out with her kids. Her newborn spat up on me, which is new because my kids never really did that. Looking back, I wish I had gotten her e-mail address or something. Her name is Lindsey, though.

This blog post is pretty somber. I honestly have no clue how to brighten it since not much else has happened today. Besides the fact that my kids are normally amazing children, they didn't do anything out of the ordinary today so I don't even have a funny story to share. Sadface. You'll find that when reading my blog, its going to contain a lot of funny stories involving my children. Maybe even some pictures! Look forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment